Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best kept secret

This past Sunday, we went to a concert at our church given by the Gettys!

This incredibly anointed couple, Keith and Kristyn Getty are modern hymn writers. Going there I only knew 2 songs, "In Christ Alone" and "The Power of the Cross".

If I had only known what a powerful night this would have been, I would have invited everyone of you!!

These songs are so rich with scripture and point you to worship, love, commit, depend on, focus on and rejoice in our awesome Savior!

And her voice-- wow...a powerful sound out of a little woman with a beautiful Irish accent! Love it!

Here is a clip of one song they sang...it really does not do it justice-- please get both of the Getty's CDs...it will bless your socks off!



www.gettymusic.com

3 comments:

Jami said...

I completely agree! The Getty's have been to our church a few times and they are by far my favorite group to come. I love their songs and to hear her read scripture with her beautiful accent! Glad you enjoyed them too:)

Kyle said...

I know the song, quite good, but don't know them- perhaps I should check out. Would have loved the concert I'm sure.

gstribli said...

Hi Wes, it's nice to catch up with your beautfil family on your blog. I do so love the Gettys. Tears come to my eyes when I listen to their music. Drop by to see us when you're in Sparkle City. Kathy S (Lauren's Mom)