Monday, June 30, 2008

say a little prayer for me

so its been a tough week (or so) WARNING this next part is not for the faint or weak stomached...
last friday the 20th, i noticed a redness on my left breast, since i had heard of mastitis (the inflammation of the parenchyma of the mammary gland) i looked it up on the internet and after self diagnosis and talking with the doctor, mastitis was the culprit. they put me on 10 day antibiotic and we thought that would do the trick...well yesterday instead of being better, it was worse :(

i went to the doctor today and she said it was abscess (bad news) so tomorrow i have to get an ultrasound to see if the abscess cavity is still there. if it is, i am going to have to have surgery-- ahhh!!! so i am asking for lots of prayers. pray for healing and that i will not have to have surgery!

as for our sweet angel boy, he is growing like crazy. i would not be surprised if he was already 8 pounds!

i will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you have mastitis. I had it....it is SUPER painful!! I didn't have to have surgery though. The dr told me to get on my hands and knees in the tub with the water as hot as I can stand it and soak my breast. Then I had to massage and try to push all the milk out to help unblock the blockage. Anyway, it hurt, but it worked!!

I will be praying for you.

Emily Emeneker said...

elgoog11Oh Rachel, you are definitely in my prayers. I hope the trip to the doctor will yield good news. I am happy to hear that Caleb is doing well!

Thinking about you! Emily Leaphart