Monday, June 2, 2008

what is going on?

So this past Thursday I started feeling a little nauseated. Wes and I left the college bible study earlier than normal b/c I wasn't feeling well. Starting at about midnight my body decided to get rid of all that was within me. Every hour until about 9am! FUN!! Finally Wes called the doctor for me and they told me to go to the hospital to get fluids.

So I go check in on the Labor & Delivery floor and they totally admit me as if I were about to have a baby! They did the monitors for my contractions and baby's heart beat and gave me an IV. I asked the nurse if she could loosen one of the monitors and she said it was tight b/c I was having a contraction. WHAT? I had NO idea. She also said they were 4 minutes apart. So part of me is thinking...YES!! I am gonna have this baby and get away with not feeling contractions! Anyway, they checked me and said I was dilated only about a cheerio (so nothing to get excited about). Basically I had a GI virus and the dehydration was making me have contractions.

So for the last few days I have been on the couch or bed sleeping and resting.

I will say the scare was a good trial run for me. Now I have a much better idea of how things will go when I really do go in to labor. Which by the way, due date is less than 3 weeks! And my husband has already proven to be an awesome support when I become unraveled! I am so glad God gave him to me!

My mom told me that my cousin had the same "GI bug" and that 36 hours later she was in labor, so I better make sure my bags are packed! Well they are!!

I know that every mom-to-be must go through this waiting and wondering phase her last few weeks, it is just a little strange. Makes it hard to "plan" your day or next days events wondering if you will be in labor or not.

So on that note, continue to lift a sister up!


5 comments:

Meredith said...

Rachel,
You don't know me from Adam, so I hope you'll forgive me if writing a comment freaks you out a bit!
I recently stumbled across your blog and tears came to my eyes as I realized who your husband was. Wes was my dear, dear friend for several years and also my shagging partner in middle school. It brought such a smile to my face and heart to see the two of you are having a baby! I am in prayer for you and your little one. I know God will give you the strength you need on delivery day.
God bless the three of you.

Meredith (Moore) Dangel

Unknown said...

AAAHHHHH!!! The baby is almost here!! So exciting! Yes, that is just a trial run...and I am sorry to say, you WILL feel the contractions. Sorry that you are not feeling well, but maybe your body is telling you to slow down, rest and prepare you for what is to come.

I am excited for you and will be praying for peace of mind, quick and safe delivery, and wellness.

Love you girl! I am proud of you!

~Kellie

Kelly said...

I, too found your blog from a link on a friend's, and I just had to comment! I also went to HS with Wes and I am so happy for you guys!!
I was on bedrest with my second child and a stomach virus is what sent me to the hospital too. :-) Hang tight! You'll be holding that baby before you know it!
Best wishes and God bless!
Kelly (Towery) Watson

Meredith said...

Wes,

I found Rachel's link on Sheldon Pettigrew's blog.

Thank you for writing! You are right that it's strange how quickly people lose touch. But know that you are always close to my heart, as is Rachel because she is your beloved! And, yes, I feel the same way about high school. I'm another person since then, yet I can't believe it's been ten years.

Keith and I are doing very well. I don't post my name or our location on our blog because one of my students found it that way, but I teach at NC State and we live in Durham.

Take care of yourself, and do keep in touch, King of the Goobers.

Queen of the WDKYs

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm Jen's Mama Bev and I met you when you were here visiting her. I wanted to send my love and congratulations on the birth of your precious baby boy. I pray that the Holy One will bless you richly and that His Spirit will always guide your family in His ways. Loving you. Bev