Monday, February 25, 2008

"Let's tidy up the nursery" mary poppins


well we have painted our nursery! i know many of you are surprised that i actually did something 5 months in advance, i am trying! my new challenge is TNT (today not tomorrow). it is not my lifestyle yet, but it is making my try a little harder!

anyway...with the help of my wonderful hubby, sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law, we painted the room in about 2 hours! i went really crazy with the color..."Totally Tan" ha!
it is amazing how paint can make your house look a million times better (most of our walls are still white white). the nursery is a jungle theme inspired by our love for elephants! we also liked this pattern b/c it looks more little boy-ish, so he can get more use out of it as he gets a little older! we do not actually have any of this yet, but i ordered the swatches and registered for the pattern. now it is on to things like a crib, changing table, etc...all the things i know nothing about!

as for the world of baby church, he is moving a lot (surprise, wes and rachel will have an active child). it is a really crazy feeling of this thumping and rolling...not really sure what he is doing in there! but it does make me more excited about meeting him in less than 4 months! ahhhh!

as for a name, no news there. i took a name quiz on babycenter.com last night and it said that my baby-naming personality is Classic, Tried and true

You tend to take a sensible, drama-free approach to life. You're dependable, reliable, compatible with all kinds of people. While you may not be the biggest risk-taker in the world, this certainly doesn't mean you aren't adventurous. It just means that you do your research. You like planning, structure, and predictability. You dislike showiness and wild impulsivity.

Classic baby names that have stood the test of time will spark your interest. These elegant names have enjoyed long-term popularity since at least the 1800's— and for good reason. They go well with a variety of middle and last names, they're easy to spell and pronounce (no errant apostrophes or fancy spellings!), and they're simply beautiful without seeming to "try too hard." You basically can't go wrong with a classic name.

Suggested names:
Girls: Anna, Catherine, Elizabeth, Mary, Victoria, Rebecca, Sarah
Boys: Andrew, Charles, Daniel, David, James, John, Matthew, Michael, Robert, Samuel, Thomas, William

I agree! I was even considering 3 or 4 of the names above ha!!

I am open to suggestions! So send some good names my way!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hi Rachel!

When I first saw the picture of the room I thought "So this is what she wants it to look like." I thought it was out of a magazine! It is great!

I had a fun time with you and Joanne this weekend. I still can't get that movie out of my head.

Also, thanks for the benefit party suggestion for my prospect. We are meeting in less than an hour and it will discuss it with her as an option.

See you Wednesday!

Krista

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheBrookshires said...

Super cute! I thought that the picture was the finished room and was way impressed! I am sure it will be super cute!

As for last names...Redd would be cute...unless he had red hair...which is a possibility with you!