Tuesday, February 26, 2008

wisdom


it never ceases to amaze me how the Lord gets my attention in "themes"...you know you read a verse one morning, then the pastor preaches on it and then a friend talks about it, etc...

finally you get it-- oh Lord you are talking to ME?!

so lately He has been teaching me what it means to have wisdom and how important it is to ask for it. a great place to start is by learning from solomon, the wisest man to ever live. he wrote an entire book that is filled with wisdom for life and godliness, proverbs.

someone once taught me to read a proverb a day (based on the date-- since there are 31)... i am excited to start that habit again, because it really impacts my daily life!

we have some tough things going on with my family right now and as i pray i just keep coming back to...wisdom...ask for wisdom...

God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. Solomon's wisdom was greater than the wisdom of all the men of the East, and greater than all the wisdom of Egypt. 1 Kings 4:29-30

0 comments: